- Three years as member of State Nursing Board (the state regulatory body for nurse licensure and nursing school accreditation).
- One year on Mayor's Management Review Committee for Denver General Hospital.
- Five years as member of the Visiting Committee for the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center School of Nursing (the main advisory board for the Nursing School). Involved in establishing new programs such as "N.D" (Nurse Doctor), a clinical doctorate.
- A number of years as member of Denver Metro Chamber of Commerce Health Care Committee.
- Two years Governor's Bio-Technology Council
- Lecturer on Telemedicine and Health Care Policy.
- Legal Services
- Represented health care providers on general business issues, biomedical technology, and other technological issues such as e-mail policy.
- Represented technology and bio-tech companies regarding technology transfer, including some areas related to devices used in genetic research.
- Represented major resellers of biomedical devices.
- Represented physician and ancillary health provider clinics including the sale of practices.
- Represented health care providers and websites on issues related to e-commerce, health care privacy (including HIPAA among others), and telemedicine.
- Two years as member of Colorado Medicaid Reform Commission. Helped draft new legislation.